This is a four-hour program focusing on local product knowledge, history, cross-cultural understanding and customer service skills. The first half is in a classroom and the second part of this course is a walking tour of historical downtown.
This provides first-hand experience and greater confidence to excite guests/customers about the city of Fernie and all the things to see and do!
Brief list of topics that are covered:
- Customer service skills
- Fernie history and legends
- Local knowledge of the culture, arts, and sports scene
- Tools to access Fernie Community Resources.
- Overview of local businesses and unique to Fernie offerings
- Local wildlife and outdoor safety tips
- Local housing opportunities
- Winter safety tips(snow and avalanche awareness)/Summer safety tips (river safety)