The program consists of a four-hour class room based session focusing on local product knowledge, history, cross-cultural understanding and customer service skills. Part two is ongoing, where local businesses have provided exclusive discounts and offerings to Fernie Ambassadors to provide familiarization of their product.
This provides first-hand experience and greater confidence to excite guests/customers about the city of Fernie and all the things to see and do!
Brief list of topics that are covered:
- Customer service skills
- Fernie history and legends
- Local knowledge of the culture, arts, and sports scene
- Tools to access Fernie Community Resources.
- Overview of local businesses and unique to Fernie offerings
- Local wildlife and outdoor safety tips
- Local housing opportunities
- Winter safety tips(snow and avalanche awareness)/Summer safety tips (river safety)