I’ve made a purchase and want to ENTER THE DRAW!
Spend It In Fernie and WIN!
Bonus Round Jan 1 - Jan 7
Why Spend It In Fernie This Holiday?
Research shows that BC local businesses create more than double the economic impact of their chain competitors. For every $100 spent with a BC local business, $63 is re-circulated back into our BC economy (vs $14 for multinational corporations). They re-circulate 4.6 times more revenue in the local economy:
- Local retailers re-circulate 63% compared to 14% for chains
- Local restaurants re-circulate 68% compared to 30% for chains
- Local suppliers (e.g. office supplies) re-circulate 33% compared to 19% for chains
This is because locally owned businesses circulate more dollars in the community compared to multinational organizations. How? Local businesses:
- Have owners who live and provide jobs in your community
- Provide more support for local events, sports teams and charities
- Are more likely to buy local services and stock local products
Spending with a local business has ripple effects that contribute to the growth and health of the communities in our province.